Committees and Task Forces
The League City Chamber of Commerce is outstanding because of the overwhelming support from the business community. As our city continues to grow, the needs of the community and the chamber have multiplied. The input and expertise of our members is vital to meet these needs.
We have many areas of service including committees (long-term or annual projects), task forces (short-term or "as needed" projects), and assistance of a technical nature or volunteering in the chamber office. In each instance, the chamber will continue to do all it can to minimize time demands and insure volunteer time is productive.
New committees and task forces will be formed throughout the year and members will be notified as projects and needs arise. Below are the current committees.
Membership Development: Promote participation of the League City business community in the activities of the League City Chamber. Foster relationships to encourage new member participation.
• Emphasize the recruitment of new members on a year round basis.
• Continue to provide a quarterly New Member Orientation.
• Ensure the development of ribbon cuttings for new Chamber members.
• Oversee an annual membership drive.
• Develop a membership benefits collateral piece
Business Development: Design and direct programs and benefits, which will provide networking and business development opportunities, for local businesses. Ensure that benefits and services provided to the membership are valuable and efficient. Chamber Ambassador Committee will serve as a sub-committee.
• Enhance the Business AFTER Hours program to encourage membership networking and provide an introduction to the Chamber for perspective members.
• Enhance the Professional Networking Breakfast program to foster true referral networking to members and potential members.
• Enhance membership luncheons to maximize speaker topics and increase attendance
• Develop and promote the "Business Builders" seminar program to offer valuable information to assist in the growth and expansion of members' benefit.
• Develop and promote a "Member2Member" Program through membership to offer discounts for products and services to our member utilizing the chamber website.
• Recommend potential actions of support implemented by the Ambassador Committee.
• Recognize and thank the businesses that support the League City Chamber Ambassador Program.
• Research and develop a small business resource center.
Ambassador Committee: (sub-committee of Business Development)
Educate Chamber members about the services and benefits of their membership.
Foster new member particpation in Chamber programs and events. Nurture quality Chamber relationships.
Click on the following links for additional Ambassador Program Information:
Special Project Development: Continue the enhancement of League City Chamber's non-dues revenue program while offering events to increase the quality of life for League City businesses. Act as a catalyst to raise business community involvement into these programs.
• Develop the Annual Membership Celebration.
• Continue the Annual Spring Golf Classic.
• Enhance the Divas, Diamonds and Denim event
• Continue the Men Who Cook event.
• Plan further development of the Kick Off by the Creek event.
• Enhance and develop the annual Business EXPO.
• Develop ideas to increase each event's attendance.
• Research and develop the increase of marketing opportunities and packages for each event's sponsors.